What log files (logs) does Mailman write?
In a source install, Mailman's log files are in /usr/local/mailman/logs/ or in logs/ in the 'var_prefix' directory.
Some packages put them in /var/log/mailman/.
The logs Mailman writes are:
- information related to automated bounce processing
- information and tracebacks from unanticipated exceptions and other error info.
- information about posts gated from USENET via the mail-news gateway
- information about lockfile anomalies
- information about unpermitted actions such as login failures for lists with private rosters as these can be attempts to fish for list membership.
- information about delivered posts
- qrunner start/stop and other status messages
- all Mailman's outgoing smtp sessions
- failed outgoing smtp transactions
- information about (un)subscriptions and address changes
- information about things held for moderator approval and other similar events.