TODOs for the next major release of Mailman 3. As we drill down on these, we should turn these into feature requests on the appropriate subproject.
TL;DR: a major goal for 3.1 is easy, high fidelity upgrades from MM2.1 to MM3.
- Mailman Suite:
Internationalization - there must be a way for the community to contribute translations and for us to integrate them into releases (bug 1414154) Pushed to 3.2
Migration scripts for current Mailman 2 installations (bug 965532)
Test migration from 2 to 3
Mailman 2 & 3 co-existing on the same machine done
Make it easier to install with Docker done
- User documentation
- Contributor guide?
Migrations from 2.1 -> 3.1 (TOP PRIORITY)
- Email notification templates (allowing urls to Postorius clickable actions to be inserted) [Barry is working on a branch]
non-member default actions allowing NULL to defer to list policy (issue #189)
- login-less subscription/unsubscription -- Patch in postorius to be looked at
- Unsubscription policy: dealing with permission to unsubscribe (similar to 3.0's subscription policy work). -- Abilash
100% test code coverage (nice to have, not a blocker) Won't happen, but we're around 90%
Implementation of django-browserid + custom audience checking Done, will need to be replaced when persona goes dark
Add user settings page (Likely to be completed as part of stylistica's summer of code work; may need temporary fix sooner) done
Add ability to remove moderators/owners from a list (see bug 1062889)) -- done
non-member disposition [Put list of non-members in list settings with allow/deny, etc] (see bug 1414149)
Pull list of supported languages for a domain from Mailman core via API (see bug 1414298)
- Bug fixing
- Update visual style and information architecture of list.org and the wiki to feel more unified, be more navigable, and present a modern appearance
- Folk at Pycon were not able to to install, it looks like we might need to change the way venvs are created to be more robust on centos and mint.