3.41. What variables can I use in the headers and footers added to messages by Mailman?
- This is the value of the real_name configuration variable in the General options category.
This is the canonical name of the mailing list. In other words it's the posting address of the list. Note: For backward compatibility, the variable _internal_name is equivalent.
- This is the domain name part of the email address for this list.
- This is the base url for contacting the list via the web. It can be appended with listinfo%(list_name)s to yield the general list information page for the mailing list.
- The brief description of the mailing list.
- This is the full description of the mailing list.
- This is the extension added to CGI scripts. It might be the empty string, .cgi, or something else depending on how your site is configured.
Each of these is used in the form %(fieldname) where fieldname is one of the names given above.
For example, the simple footer that gives the mailing list name, the posting address, and the listinfo address is as follows:
_______________________________________________ %(real_name)s mailing list %(real_name)s@%(host_name)s %(web_page_url)slistinfo%(cgiext)s/%(_internal_name)s
Converted from the Mailman FAQ Wizard
This is one of many Frequently Asked Questions.