This page is obsolete! The information included is probably invalid and thus should be used with care
This How-To aims to support All Developers who want to get all 4 parts which belong to the latest mailmanweb development running on a standalone installation. Please remember that most of the branches are experimental !
- Check prerequirements - e.g. in Ubuntu 11.04 you need to install Postfix if you didn't yet
Download the Archive
OR: branch it and skip 2.
- Unpack it and open a terminal session in that directory
- Test it by using
- Be aware that if you launch it from another directory you will have trouble with the DB
- Run the Daemon (better do this after REST Installation) by executing the following
This is dummy Django Site - you could easyly create your own site but this one comes with prefilled settings.
branch it into a directory
bzr branch lp:mailmanwebgsoc2011/django-site-0.1
- make sure you do have Django installed on your system
- Vertify that APP neither Site Folder do include special characters (e.g. .,;:/) and that the working directory is on the python path
- after installing the app use
python manage.py runserver
to run a development server on localhost:8080
- Branch the app beside the Django branch
- rename it to "mailman_django" just in case the directory has got another name
- Make sure Django-Site does link do the right App (urls.py; settings.py ...)
https://code.launchpad.net/~flo-fuchs/mailman.client/settings #Development will be merged to :
- branch the latest release (dir name is settings atm.)
sudo python setup.py installor if developing the API
sudo python setup.py develop
- After installation the REST Api will be launched together with mailman.