'''Proposal (Under Construction)'''
The main idea of this project is to convert the current wiki from Confluence (non-free) to MoinMoin, which is free and on Python'.
For that, it will be exported to XML (using the Confluence tool Export to XML') and parsed in Python, creating a DOM tree.
L'ater this DOM tree will be imported to Moin using or basing on the available code at src/MoinMoin/converter/'.
'''Start of Program (April 25 - May 24)'''
- Get to know Confluence, MoinMoin, tools, apis and specially the mentor (or team) I'm going to work with. (April 26 - April 30)
- Submit a public patch to Mailman or Moin, preferably something related to this project. (April 27 - May 8)
- Download and understand the XML tree from the complete dump of the Confluence exported data.' '(April 28 - May 2)
- Identify each one of the artifacts that compose Confluence wiki (e.g. pages, comments, etc).' '('May 1' - May 9') - Create a class to generate a DOM tree from the exported
- Create a class to generate a DOM tree from the exported'XML using 'Python's xml.dom api'.' '('May 3' - 'May 24')
'''Midterm Evaluation (May 25 - July 12)'''
- Create a class to get the DOM tree and convert it to Moin' using 'moinwiki_out.py'.' '('May 25' - Jun' 27') - Check if the Confluence markup was properly converted to Moin markup.
- Check if the Confluence markup was properly converted to Moin markup.'('Jun 27' - Jul' 12')
'''Final Evaluation (July 13 - Aug 16)'''
- Create documentation for all the major code.' '('Jul 13' - Jul' 24')
- Bugs fixing and final tests.' '('Jul 18' - Jul' 31')
- Check if the new Moin wiki was properly created.' '('Jul 25' - Aug' 16')
- Get in touch with the mentor and evaluate the project.' '('Aug 1' - Aug' 16')
* As a security measure, there is one extra week to deal with any contretemps.
It's my first time on GSoC, but I've worked for 2 years on the development of a distance learning system called' e-Proinfo for the Brazilian Ministry of Education 'and already worked on three opensource projects hosted on Google Code', one being on Python.
I'm not working now, only studying, so I will be involved almost full time with this program and I put myself available for any need after the end of GSoC.
Name: Taciano Messias Moraes
Phone: +55 62 84286966 / +55 62 32518224
Postal Address: Rua C-217 Qd. 522 Lt. 03 - Jardim America
City, State, Zip, Country: Goiania, Goias, 74270-310, Brazil.