Google Summer of Code 2012
Mailman is hoping to be participating in the Google Summer of Code for the year 2012, probably under the banner of the Python Software Foundation, who were a wonderful umbrella organization to work with last year. This page is intended to group together all efforts related to the 2012 projects.
List of Projects
Not yet completed – please add your ideas here!
- Integration of BrowserID into Mailman (maybe OpenID too?)
- Integration of (existing) search code into Mailman archives
- Investigate Grackle as a new framework for the archiver.
More nebulous project areas of interest:
- Further work on the Mailman 3 UI
- Working archives for Mailman 3
List of Mentors
Please contact us on the Mailman-developers list if you're interested in becoming a mentor!
- Terri Oda
- Florian Fuchs
List of Potential Students
Please contact us on the Mailman-developers list if you're interested in becoming a student! Getting in touch early lets us help you with your application and increases your likelihood of being accepted.
The fastest way to get set up is to follow A 5 minute guide to get the Mailman web UI running. Please let us know if you have any trouble with it!