More ideas welcome – feel free to add ideas, or students can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org to refine ideas and get help with their proposals.
- Scripts for migrating lists from Mailman 2.1 to Mailman 3 (including archives?)
- Integration of (existing) search code into Mailman archives (existing search code)
- Investigate Grackle as a new framework for the archiver.
- NNTP access to the archives (a la Gmane)
- Collecting list metrics (when was the last thing posted, how many messages per month, how busy the list is, etc.)
- Reporting via a pluggable dashboard
- Mailman widgets (e.g. display of recent posts, embeddable list subscribe widget)
- List styles (e.g. announcement list, anonymous list) plumbed through the ui and REST API.
- Make it easier to report bugs – make a system that detects posts that are likely about bugs and searches, makes an easy link for reporting a bug using the text of the message, etc.
- Build something to attach anti-spam stuff into the filter chains
- Examine the interfaces (web interface, archives) and organize and build consistent CSS styles for the web UI